Friday, September 18, 2009

Monday 9/14/09

Today was a big leap for Eileen and I. For the first time since our September Experience started, my MT asked us if we wanted to read the story time book. She asked each of us to choose a favorite book of ours and read it to the entire 2nd grade (one today and one tomorrow). I was a bit intimidated --which I am kind of mad at myself for-- so I urged Eileen to go first. As soon as she started reading, I was immediately jealous that I let the opportunity pass me by. But, lucky for me I get a second chance tomorrow.

It was a good lesson learned by yours truly. This wasn’t an end all of intimidation because I have all day tomorrow to buckle down. But what if this wasn’t the case? What if my MT asked me to do a math lesson for her one morning and I shied away from it?! That would just solidify her belief that I should be there to do her photo-copying and paper passing out.

She always says things like, “Oh, thank you so much. It’s so much easier to teach the class with all your help.” Translation: “Thanks for doing all my busy work, now I get to go home at 4pm.” I understand that I am not supposed to be ‘teaching’ yet, but it’s killing me! And if I chicken out to something as silly as reading a story, then I am never going to get anywhere.

I’ve got it figured out for tomorrow though. I’ve got this one in the bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment