I went to school yesterday. I lasted exactly one hour. Then my MT suggested that I head home, and used me as an example to the kids that sometimes we cannot always do our job and that sometimes our job is to take care of our bodies and get extra rest so that we don’t get others sick. It was kind of embarrassing for me, but I adore how she can turn any unexpected moment into a teachable moment. The rest of my day consisted of me, in bed, clenching my tummy in the fetal position.
Today sucked just as much. My tummy felt like it was in a vice grip. But, I missed yesterday and I didn’t want to be publicly embarrassed in front of a bunch of 7 year olds again. So I popped a painkiller left over from my last trip to the dentist and headed off to school. It helped, but I still desired the fetal position. I was pretty useless in the classroom today, but the kids totally understood. They kept coming up to me and asking if I felt any better and giving me ‘feel better’ hugs. It was kinda cute.
I left 30 minutes early so I could get into the doctor’s office ASAP. Yay for Tina, I have a kidney infection. My doctor says it’s the one thing that doctors, truck drivers and teachers all have in common. I’m taking it as learning moment. Even though you are a teacher and you cannot leave your kids alone in the classroom, your health is important. Athena suggested that I should have a partner teacher that I can ask to cover my classroom (and vis versa) when I really got to go. It seems so silly, but oh my god this is the greatest pain I have ever experienced. Aw, my first experience of the real world of teaching.
Today sucked just as much. My tummy felt like it was in a vice grip. But, I missed yesterday and I didn’t want to be publicly embarrassed in front of a bunch of 7 year olds again. So I popped a painkiller left over from my last trip to the dentist and headed off to school. It helped, but I still desired the fetal position. I was pretty useless in the classroom today, but the kids totally understood. They kept coming up to me and asking if I felt any better and giving me ‘feel better’ hugs. It was kinda cute.
I left 30 minutes early so I could get into the doctor’s office ASAP. Yay for Tina, I have a kidney infection. My doctor says it’s the one thing that doctors, truck drivers and teachers all have in common. I’m taking it as learning moment. Even though you are a teacher and you cannot leave your kids alone in the classroom, your health is important. Athena suggested that I should have a partner teacher that I can ask to cover my classroom (and vis versa) when I really got to go. It seems so silly, but oh my god this is the greatest pain I have ever experienced. Aw, my first experience of the real world of teaching.
No comments:
Post a Comment