An object that describes me? Just one? Hmmm, more difficult a task than one would think.
A sheet of music.
Why would a sheet of music describe who I am? I don't even know how to read sheet music. In fact, I have difficulty even playing music on any kind of instrument, vocals included. It is a bit more symbolic for me.
The first symbolism is the music that is created from the notes on the page. Music represents a huge part of my life. Most of my friends are in local, grimy punk rock bands or (like me) they love the thrill of going to a local show to hear the reverb of guitars and the screeching poetry set to music. These friends have influenced me in many ways, always steering me towards our three golden rules: respect, unity and equality.
In a more abstract form of symbolism, sheet music represents the complete opposite side of my character. Sheet music is taught and learned; it is constant and true. You can teach one piece of music to ten kids and let them add their own flair -- play it faster, play on a up-right bass instead of a traditional bass, or perhaps upstroke on the chorus. But at the end of the day, it still communicates a common idea.
In short, sheet music represents my character because I love the idea of counter-culture rebellion, but it is ultimately important to know and understand the world around us in order to form our own ideas.
A sheet of music.
Why would a sheet of music describe who I am? I don't even know how to read sheet music. In fact, I have difficulty even playing music on any kind of instrument, vocals included. It is a bit more symbolic for me.
The first symbolism is the music that is created from the notes on the page. Music represents a huge part of my life. Most of my friends are in local, grimy punk rock bands or (like me) they love the thrill of going to a local show to hear the reverb of guitars and the screeching poetry set to music. These friends have influenced me in many ways, always steering me towards our three golden rules: respect, unity and equality.
In a more abstract form of symbolism, sheet music represents the complete opposite side of my character. Sheet music is taught and learned; it is constant and true. You can teach one piece of music to ten kids and let them add their own flair -- play it faster, play on a up-right bass instead of a traditional bass, or perhaps upstroke on the chorus. But at the end of the day, it still communicates a common idea.
In short, sheet music represents my character because I love the idea of counter-culture rebellion, but it is ultimately important to know and understand the world around us in order to form our own ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment